Friday, February 20, 2009

The Rape of Sexuality

I always have very strong feelings about these sorts of things… don’t ask me why.
I’m shameless, sure, and unabashed, but if there’s something that I’m always clear about:
I have respect for myself, and I have respect for others.
So as I sit here, flipping through the channels on TV, ignoring my only class that I have on Friday (Political Science, fun stuff), I stop and stare in amazement. Why, it’s none other than Rock of Love: Bus on Vh1. I’m gazing at the television screen, fixed, and I’m completely distracted, but not in a good way.
The first thing I don’t understand; why are these women unloading music equipment in lingerie?
Second; why are grown women not only:
1.) doing this on a nationally-broadcasted reality show?
2.) competing for the love of Bret Michaels?!?!
Mmmmk, seriously, what is the world coming to…
I’m sorry, but where has the “New Attitude with Old Values” gone to?
Don’t get me wrong, I think that sexuality is very important. In fact, it’s huge.
I have no issue with moving forward, being daring, being SEXY! There’s nothing wrong with being aware of your natural sexuality! My god, sex appeal has really nothing at all to do with what a person wears; it’s how they protract their energy!
I just feel like the whole system is completely Fruged.
Women dress like sluts.
Men like women who dress like sluts.
That leaves no room for the rest of womankind that treats themselves with dignity, and esteem.
Mind you, there are a very small percentage of guys and girls who catch my drift, and I’d like to say to you: THANK YOU SMART PEOPLE OF AMERICA.
But, I suppose it’s whatever floats one’s boat.
I’m sorry, but I’d feel as if I was cheating myself if I felt like I had to take off my clothes and dumb myself down to attract a man…
Perhaps that’s why I’ve never really dated all that well.

No comments:

Post a Comment