Monday, April 2, 2012

What I Is, and What I Is Not.

I am someone who tries to be honest.
I am not someone who is going to tell you what you want to hear.

I am going to be a friend to you.
I am not going to hang on your every breath or every deed--that isn't my jurisdiction.

I am sympathetic.
I am not going to listen to all of your problems, and take pity on your inability to take action.

I am independent.
I am not going to refuse help from you, if you offer it to me.

I am someone who likes to be touched.
I am not someone who thinks a randomer making a pass at my ass is appropriate.

I am a person who likes to be talked to.
I am not someone who will give you a snarky look if you say something wildly inappropriate.

I am a spiritual person.
I am not someone who uses my religion, or system of beliefs as an excuse to alienate people I don't understand.

I am going to try to understand you.
I am not going to judge you because you're different than I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment